Its time for change,
this needed to happen.
No more worry.
Things are coming together
right into place.
Dreams are starting to come true.
Wishes are being granted,
and soon things will be perfect.
Maybe this was always the plan.
this needed to happen.
No more worry.
Things are coming together
right into place.
Dreams are starting to come true.
Wishes are being granted,
and soon things will be perfect.
Maybe this was always the plan.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
When I was in high school I took Creative Writing my junior year. It started out as a plan to take a class with my friends and to get an easy A. As the class went on I had to do a lot of work in the class and started thinking about why I really decided to take this class anyway, I wasn't going to do anything with English after I got out of high school. I was going to be a nurse and not even use anything I did in this class. Week after week I started to have a better time, until the end I did not want to ever finish the class. My teacher was an amazing man, he not only cared about everyone of his students and their well being, but he wanted each of his students to grow. I didn't just learn how to write so many unique things, I also found who I was. The last day of my senior year this teacher (who was also my senior Brit. Lit. teacher) told me I would someday be where he is. I laughed, because that was not my plan at all. As I got into college I started taking English classes for fun, yes I said for fun! Soon, I changed my major to English Education because I too wanted to be that crazy teacher acting out scenes with G.I. joes and being there for their students. It's really funny when I think about all of this now because all of my family and friends tell me that I was meant to teach. I guess I was the only one that didn't see it at the time. At this moment I sit here and think about this because there is nothing else I would want to do with my life. I know that somedays things will be hard, but if I can get through to one student I am doing my job. As for writing, it is my passion and I have continued to write since that creative writing class. I have written books and books of poetry and I have actually written a book. I have gone back to this teacher and thanked him for everything he did for me, and he just said "I was just doing my job." At one time I was that student in high school making snide comments about this teacher and called his assignments stupid (side note, the stupid was not allowed in his class). Now I realize those types of assignments helped me grow into the person I am today. To think all of this came from thinking about my Creative Writing class...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy cow that is amazing!!! I wish that there were a lot more teachers like him!! They really help make a place and anything enjoyable! I hope that you are able to become that great teacher Ms. Jareske, But I know for sure right now you are already doing a great job!! I am glad to be one of the students to have you as a student teacher!
ReplyDeleteI agree with her. I think you're doing a great job and I'm a little bummed you aren't an actual teacher here, because since I'm one of the few juniors in this class, it'll be a bummer to not drop by your room next year. I'm also really glad to call myself one of your students, even if you're just a student yourself. (:
ReplyDelete