I have been up till 1 every night this week...kind of tired.
It has been eight long years since I have been in high school, and now I entered back into the school system in a different way...as a student teacher. There were times in my life that I didn't know what I was going to do with my life, but now I know that I want to teach. I enjoy the environment, the lack of sleep, the homework, the planning, and mostly the students. I had the chance to observe last sememster for Ms. Rowse, and also go along to One Acts in North Platte. The students have been so welcoming and they are fun to be around.
I decided to be a teacher for one simple reason; to help students understand their full potential. So many students in this day in age do not understand everything they can accomplish if they put their minds to it. I believe in everyone, and try to give everyone a chance. Everyone deserves just that.
The highlights of the week are I taught a full lesson plan (hooray!!!), I was called numerous names except the real one I was born with, and I got to sit and eat with the teachers in the teachers lounge. The school I went to the teachers lounge was like a heaven that students were not allowed in. I know very weird, but I think it is so cool to be able to sit in that room--I feel a little important!!!!
Oh well, I guess I will have to give the first student that pronounces my name right some kind of a treat!!! So come on kids!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment