So my new favorite show is "I Used to be Fat" on MTV. It is an amazing show that reaches out to so many people. I think this show is better than "Biggest Loser" because they are doing it for their own well being, not because they want to win some money in the end.
All of the teens in the show are graduating from high school and want to change their lives around. Everytime I watch this show I get a little teary eyed because before they lose the weight most of them are treated so badly. Most of them don't have any friends and haven't had any romantic relationships. Aren't the still the same on the inside? I am glad they are doing it for their health, but it shouldn't be for anything else. It bothers me that so many people judge others on their looks and dress. I may look a certain way, but maybe I am somebody else. I am pretty sure everyone would be shocked at most people's real stories. I say most because some people can read other's like a book. Sorry for the rant, but I just don't think anyone should be treated differently because of how smart they are or how they look.
I would have a great story for anyone who wants to hear it. Its school appropriate trust me. My friends could tell you so many stories as well because I am who I am, and I don't care. Like me, Love me, Hate me...I don't care.
On to something else, on the same lines, but something else. Every single student that I am student teaching I enjoy because they are somebody special. Every single one of them can succeed and follow their dreams and goals. I intend to help them if I can!!!
Good Luck CW!
I hate when people judge people like that. People have always treated me a bit different because I am rather quiet most times. Then others get to know me and then get awkward around me when they find out what I've been through. I don't mind it that much because then I know that the ones that stick around are good friends to have!
ReplyDeleteVery true, and you have been through a lot, and that made you a stronger person!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that show but it must be amazing for how much it moves you. Thank you for your rant and your inspirations; they're always more than useful. I agree with you on being yourself no matter what others think and treating everyone the same despite that they may look different than you. I get a lot of people asking me why I'm friends with certain people because everyone else thinks that they're disgusting or weird; but they're my friends and each unique and wonderful. I love them dearly. It's wonderful that you chose such a deep topic to blog about, most people blog about petty incidences.
ReplyDeletethat show is amazing... especially the one they had this week, the guy lost almost 100 pounds! it is so insperational.
ReplyDelete