Its time for change,
this needed to happen.
No more worry.
Things are coming together
right into place.
Dreams are starting to come true.
Wishes are being granted,
and soon things will be perfect.
Maybe this was always the plan.





Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A little rant for the long weekend

One thing that I need to say today is: Things are not so different from what they used to be. Wars and hate have been in our hearts for a very long time. I have heard so many stories from my grandpa and he said things now aren't as bad as they were when he was fighting in a war. I think that one of the reasons that the United States think things are so horrible now is because we have had things handed to us all our lives. I sit and hear people complain about how bad their lives are because of the gas prices while they are watching the t.v and there is a little boy on there with bullet wounds to the head. This little boy went outside in Egypt to see what the loud sounds are, I find this very sad. If our only problems are gas prices and bullies in school, we should be getting on our knees and thanking our lucky stars we are not somewhere else. I am sorry I am on a rant, but have heard this complaint so much lately and it is getting to me.
I think this may have been the wrong week to give up caffine and something else at the same time. I didn't know how addicted I was to caffine and I am getting killer headaches. I know am being debbie downer at this moment, but I just needed to get that thought out.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun long weekend. GO PANTHERS!!! And of course I have to root for my high school : GO DEVILS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Even as a soldier, I agree with you. Things are much, much easier than they used to be and it saddens me. Listening to the way that old men talk about war makes me both proud to serve and regret that I decided to serve at such a time in our history. The Army is even changing with it's time to become softer and more lenient and I hardly agree with any of it. Training bases like Fort Benning (known as the hardest Basic Training Camp in the U.S.) should have stayed all male; the co-ed thing is the last straw. We've hardly preserved any traditions and it's sad to think about. As for people grieving over the loss of money, at least they don't have to grieve over the loss of a family member. But as bad as the United States has gotten, I still agree that other places have it ten times worse than we ever will. I couldn't imagine having a war like the one in the Middle East on our own soil...it's tragic. Things like that don't need to happen but what can I say? Humans will be humans and even though we keep telling ourselves we're better than our animal counterparts, we still have those animal-like instincts to fight. Sometimes it's a good thing, but for something like this? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete